Friday, April 6, 2012

4.06.12

March 27th, Grant and I flew out to Washington DC. I wish I would have taken more photo's, but I was pretty focused on trying not to let my pregnancy sickness interfere with our plans!

Tuesday night we went out to eat, hung out around our amazing hotel, and sat in the sunshine down by the water.
...
Wednesday morning we went to Arlington Cemetery. It was the most beautiful spring day. The cemetery was incredible.








Afterwards we went to the Holocaust museum. Which is hard to put into words. And then that evening we took a long walk to Georgetown. We ate, shopped, walked and ate. It was the perfect day.
...
Right outside our hotel.
Inside the hotel.
We also went to the Smithsonian and then we had an amazing private tour of the Capital. It was really cool. It was Grants first time to DC, so he was in heaven.

Sadly Friday I was feeling awful. We had plans to do a Lincoln tour and go to Mount Vernon, but it was cold and raining and I ruined it by feeling sick. But Grant is so sweet and didn't mind that we just went out to eat, and to a movie and hung around.
...
Saturday morning we had a 4am wake up call. We had to catch our first flight to take us to Anaheim for the cheer competition. The flight from Minnesota to Anaheim was basically my worst nightmare! I was beyond sick. It was a rough 4 hours. The poor guy sitting next to me! But he had kids next to him, so he was understanding. It was just one of those moments that you really want to forget!
But thankfully for the most part I really did feel ok. Grant and I have been wanting to go to DC together for years, so I am grateful that we were able to. We really had a wonderful time. The city was so beautiful and interesting. We loved it.

1 comment:

coco said...

such cute pictures of disneyland. monet is a nut! and i love the d.c. pics. it all makes me want to travel!!!