Monday, November 12, 2012

11.12.12


Instagram photos of baby Lucca. 
...
 Checking in to the hospital at 7 am. I was so nervous I really just wanted to go home!
 But at 4:23pm little Lucca was born and life was instantly made even sweeter. 

 Monet was in heaven. She was grinning from ear to ear with excitement. It was the most precious thing  I've ever seen. She was so happy. She kept saying, "She's here! My baby sister came out!" And then she kept asking me how the baby came out and I had to tell her I'd explain it to her later... like when she's twenty.


 Our first family photo. Somehow Monet came to the hospital in tights with no pants. That would be nana and Chloe's doing.
 It was such a special moment. 
 The next day was Halloween. We had a quiet, peaceful day, holding her constantly. 

 We faced time Monet while she was at my parents. 
 It was hard being away from Monet on Halloween, but we kept getting texts with pictures like this, that made us laugh. She had a very happy Halloween, thankfully she absolutely loves being with my parents and Chloe. 
 She thought it was pretty awesome the nurse let her listen to the babes heartbeat, since Monet loves to play doctor at home. 
 Thursday afternoon we headed home. 
 So tiny in her car seat. 







The rest of the week has been filled with lots and lots and lots of snuggles. So much so that Lucca doesn't really love sleeping in her bassinet. She would rather be in my bed sleeping as close to me as possible. How could I complain about that. She is the sweetest, most perfect little thing. I am so grateful that she is here and she is safe and that we get to love on her all day every day. 

2 comments:

for you, love me said...

Congratulations Hayley and Grant! She is so perfect. You have such a beautiful little family.

Robyn Cox said...

Oh Hayley what a beautiful baby! I am so glad you posted so I could see her. I love the photos of Monet just admiring her, wanting to be right by her side. There is nothing like a sister! See you soon!