Thursday, August 30, 2007

8.30.07



Yesterday was one of those days where I had tears in my eyes and felt sick to my stomach all day.

These are my wood floors before I painted them black....yes I said black.



This is round one of an intricate staining process. I wanted dark wood floors and that's exactly what I have....really DARK wood floors. Grant about had a heart attack. These beautiful white oak top grade floors covered in black deck stain.


You might think, oh a little dark floor would be pretty. Did I mention I covered almost the entire house in dark wood floors. And please no comments about dust prints. I know, I know, it'll show dust.
Once the staining process is finished it will be a beautiful deep dark brown with a tint of deep red. I'll let you know how it goes.






5 comments:

Unknown said...

It will be totally cute! You have really good taste, It will turn out good! You need to post photos of the rest of the house! I am so curious and want to see more!

Natalie said...

It will totally work out! Sounds really cool, can't wait to see the finshed product.

Lindsey Lee said...

Im sure they will turn out lovely...you have an eye for that kind of stuff! Can't wait to see the finished project!

megan said...

it will look awesome. You have white moldings? We did a dark walnut and I love the dark. Yes I said I love my floors. You are headed in the right direction. I cries too many times and then when I saw the finished product I loved it and it was worth it. You are going to be done soon?

Anonymous said...

Oh they look so great! How fun! More pics please... your house is going to be sooo cute.