Tuesday, May 26, 2009

5.26.09

Terrible weekend...
Went into ER Friday night for a terrible pain in my back... like the ones I've had since December - 5 months pregnant-. Thankfully Mike was working in the ER. Saturday went back to the hospital had blood work and an ultra sound. They found tons of stones in my gall bladder. Sunday morning was my 26th birthday and Chloe's 15th. My mom had a breakfast bday party at my parents house. I came in my pj's feeling awful. I was so weak I could hardly do anything. That evening Grant and I went back to the hospital to admitting. Nothing says Happy Birthday like gall bladder surgery. So they hooked me up to an IV, started to give me pain medications, which helped. So we waited all night until they finally took me in at 10am on Tuesday. The surgery went well. It was rough coming out of it. I was beyond dehydrated from not being able to drink for 10 hours - plus I had to pump all night - so I was feeling awful. I had a little fever and nausea, but after a few hours I started to feel much better. I decided to come home last night. I'm so tired of hospitals I couldn't stay there any longer. So now I'm home. Feeling a lot better. Definitely sore, but so glad to have all that rotten stuff out of me. I thought I was just having a torturous recovery from labor. Hopefully now I can recover for real and start to feel like myself again. Sad thing is I haven't been able to lift the baby since Friday. She's slept two nights (tonight will be the third) at my moms. She's drinking formula from a bottle , since I have so many drugs in me. But on the upside I'm so thankful for my mom to take care of her. Plus I figure she's so little, she probably doesn't know the difference between us.
...
P.S. If my stomach didn't look messed up enough after labor, now it has four bloody scars to add to it.

12 comments:

Jennie said...

We're so glad you're home recovering. Sorry you had to go through all that, but we're hoping you keep feeling better and better from here on out! Kiss little Monet for us.

Robyn Cox said...

Wow Hayley, I had no idea you just went through all of that. It is hard enough getting used to a new baby let alone feeling like crap! I am so sorry. Thank goodness for Moms huh? They are life savers! I bet Becky has loved tending little Monet. Get better soon-

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

Oh you poor thing. Can I bring you guys dinner? lunch?? Hold the babe??

for you, love me said...

I'm so glad they found out what was wrong and got it taken care of. I hope you feel much better soon.

Jessica said...

My heart aches for you! What you described is all too familiar! I wish you would have told me that you we still not feeling well, but I'm glad you will be doing better soon! Please call if I can help with anything! So many people helped me and I want to return that kindness by helping others!

Carli said...

I am so sorry to hear that you were so sick. I have had my gall bladder out and i felt like a whole different person- much better! Get plenty of rest and heal up so you can get your cute little baby back in your arms! She is so precious!

Anonymous said...

Oh Dear! I remember you posting something about a pain way back in December and I meant to comment saying I had the same type of pain and that it was gall stones but I never did comment. Sorry that happened to you. I had my one and only pain/attack about 6 weeks after I had Emma and then they took my gallbladder out about 2 weeks later. Isn't it just the worst! I seriously thought I was going to die when I started having the pain. I told Chris that I couldn't breath and to take me to the ER. I feel for ya, those stupid little scars are crap! My mom had to come stay with us for a few days because I couldn't do a thing.

Sorry this is the longest comment ever!
Just wanted to share my experience.
Hope you are recovering well and that you can get back to cuddling with Monet soon.

whit said...

Oh i am so sorry, that does not sound fun at all. If you ever need help with anything, I am willing to do whatever. Monet is so precious, and adorable.

Annie said...

You poor thing...I've been thinking about you so much. I totally know what it's like to go back to the hospital so soon after having a baby. Thankfully you have such an incredible mom as do I. Please let me do something for you!!! Call anytime...I love you

Brooke and Ben said...

I hope you feel better soon. That kind of pain is so terrible. You will be better in no time.

You might have to re-celebrate your birthday. What a bummer!

coco said...

ditto to everything already posted. been thinking of you.
and happy birthday!

Lindsey said...

We went out of town over last weekend and so I came to tell you a late happy birthday and this is what i find for your bday celebrations? Sad. i'm sorry! I hope you get better soon. that would stink to go through, yet alone weeks afteryou have a baby (who is beautiful btw and i can't wait to come squeeze her).

i am coming to utah in 2 weeks. maybe by then you will be feeling good enough to come celebrate your bday and your baby with us!