Monday, September 14, 2009

9.14.09

To celebrate our anniversary (October 2nd actually), Grant took Monet and I to San Francisco. Grant and I have been there quite a few times (our honeymoon being one), but we had never been with a baby... our baby. It was an adventure and truthfully one of the best trips I've been on.
...
This is Monet's first trip to the airport. We stayed right down in Fisherman's Warf, near Ghiradelli Square. I had scoped out some stores online and luckily the cutest one was right in Ghiradelli Square. It was the most adorable tea salon / store. It's called Crown & Crumpet and is a must if you ever visit the city.
...
Inside the shop. I took some pictures for some decorating ideas. Love the chairs. I think I'll copy.

We walked out and I asked Grant if we have any floors that we can change to bright pink and white checker.
We met up with some friends for dinner and walked the streets by the water. A perfect windy night.

The next morning Grant parents and his brother Ganon and his wife Jennie drove and met us for some shopping.
...
Union Square. Such a fun area. I could shop those stores for weeks at a time.

That night we went to the Giants game. We had amazing seats in a private section. It was a beautiful warm night. The Giants stunk it up but we didn't care (well I didn't), it was so fun being there. Monet meeting Grants uncle Matt for the first time.
Hanging out with her grandpa.
We stayed for the entire game. By the 8th inning she was completely out.
Sporting her new Giants hat. Notice the ring around her mouth from the binki. It was hilarious because she discovered she likes her pacifier, just about the day we left, and she hardly had it out of her mouth the entire trip. Grant was calling her Maggie Simpson. I would put it in and she would just sit there sucking away for hours.
Saturday morning we all went to the Farmers Market in the Ferry Building. We first ate breakfast at a neat little restaurant. Then we walked all over. Sampled the yummy foods.
Monet was interested in the street entertainment.
Grants family left Saturday early afternoon. Grant and I let Monet have a nap for the first time in 3 days (she slept for 4 hours), while we ate In N Out and watched the BYU football game in the hotel room. That evening the three of us ate really good Mexican food, and walked all around the Pier. We then went back to Ghiradelli for another hot fudge sundae (another as in we had one just about every night.)



Sunday morning Grants best friend (and his girlfriend) who live in the city picked us up and took us to a great little restaurant by the water. We ate lunch and then headed off to the airport.
Just before we left the hotel to go home. A very worn out baby.
We had an amazing time. Monet was an angel. I wasn't too sure what to expect dragging a baby all around like that, but she did great. It was the perfect "first" family vacation.

10 comments:

Annie said...

What a fun little trip! It is a different world traveling with a baby but she looks so content in every picture. Family trips are the best! It's so funny you and Sarah were both in San Fran the same weekend...I hope you recorded the VMA's!! It didn't disappoint.

coco said...

oh, so fun.....it reminds me of when i'd trek my babies all over manhattan. the babies soon learn to just roll with all your adventures!

Natalie said...

Looks like such a great time. Monet is so darling...glad you had a great trip. xoxo

Brooke and Ben said...

What a blast. Monet is so cute. She seems like a good sport about a lot of things. What a good little baby. I need to call Stace and see when she can get together. I think it would be so much fun to have lunch or dinner with all of us. I talked to her the other day and forgot to ask.
So glad you had a great time.

sarah said...

Looks like you had way more fun on your trip than I did on mine! I should have stowed away to hang with you guys! We only got like 2 hours in San Francisco!!
Traveling with the babes is quite the adventure...lucky us...our tykes are good as gold.
Glad you had fun! Darling pictures!

Robyn Cox said...

Looks like Monet is a little traveler. Seeing her all bundled up reminds me that cold weather is on its way. I love bundled babies though! So cute. It looks like San Fran was hit!

whit said...

HAPPY early ANNIVERSARY! it seems like yesterday when you got married, time flies. monet is so sweet, she seems like the best baby, cute pictures of her and her grandpa.

Anonymous said...

What a fun getaway...i want that pink chair. dang cute.

mer and josh said...

What a fun vacation! Great pics of the whole family. So cute. You'll have to let me know where the good stores are there.

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

What fun! I love SF! HAppy ANniversary!