Thursday, October 8, 2009

10.08.09

This week, has just been one of those weeks. Last Monday Monet had her 5 month shots, which really turned out to be quite hard on her. She had a fever and was fussy, waking up every two hours. As soon as she started to make a turn for the better, I became really really sick. Something between a cold and the flu. This is my first experience as a sick mother and all I can say is that it is really difficult. All I want is sleep but it's hard to find. We started the "cry it out" method for Monet on Monday and I hate it. It's torture. I really hope this works. I'm skeptical. I have to admit this afternoon I swaddled her, and held her until she feel asleep in my arms. It felt so good laying her down so quietly and peacefully. Her eyes were red today, her nose is runny, I'm afraid she has my cold. So now I wonder if I continue with letting her "cry" - we've gone 3 days I hate to start over in a week. To top it off Grant has been working long days. So to sum up the last week I have been home taking care of my baby and sometimes taking care of myself. My only source of entertainment is the Internet. I found these cupcake toppers in San Francisco. I bought a few boxes. They were too adorable to pass by. You can find them at www.merimeri.com. Very sweet.



6 comments:

Jennie said...

Oh Hayley! So sorry, wish I could bring you some warm soup and tuck you into bed. Take care, you'll get through it.

coco said...

oh man, i know where you're coming from...sorry you guys aren't feeling well. i can't believe you're doing the cry it out method.....so sad. i couldn't do that with any of my kids 'til they were about 3! i still haven't done it with my twins. good luck is all i can say!

whit said...

HAY! I had my first sickness being a mother this week too! i felt like a horrible mother and i had to ignore finn for a two days, to top that jared got sick and so we handed finn of to my parents, it was REALLY hard, i am sorry, and hope both of you get well soon. not fun.

Unknown said...

But you have your yard in! So now feeling crappy kind of goes away,doesn't it? I had my carpets cleaned today, and it did help my mental state. I just keep remembering "you can always get through today" and it really helps!
Hope our Monet Sophie is better by now, and also her mom. Kids do get things, but they also get over them.
Aren't we all relieved that baby Jack has done so well, and coming home Friday.
Love you..come by..
Grandma

jenna said...

those are so pretty, i'm going to have to buy me some! and i feel ya on the sick thing. Q is sick and it is just the pits! hopefully you all get better soon :)

Brooke and Ben said...

Sickness + Babies = hard, hard, hard! But you will make it through. It is amazing what you can do when you have to, but you will find the strength. :) Monet is so darling. Ben always wanted to let our girls cry it out, but I was never strong enough. It made my sleep worse wondering if she really needed something, and I was restless thinking that she would learn that I wouldn't come for her when she was crying. I also know that crying it out is the only thing that worked for some babies. I hope everything gets better soon. You are a great mom. Good luck.