Thursday, July 8, 2010

7.08.10

We spent the 4th in Zions again this year. Me, Grant, Chloe and Monet went a day early.


(We bought Monet a forward facing car seat just in time. She was happy taking up the entire backseat. ) Zions is amazing. It is so hot which felt so good. The scenery is unbelievable. The place we stay is so fun. And surprisingly there are tons of awesome restaurants. My dads side of the family was there also. 4th of July night we went to this yummy restaurant and had BBQ out on the porch. We had 32 people in all.
One morning some of us attempted to hike Angels Landing. (I wasn't really sure how far Monet would last.)

In the morning when we got on the bus I didn't realize how cold the canyon would be. Poor little thing was freezing, so we put Grants shirt on her. We all got a laugh out of this for awhile.

What I saw of Angels Landing was pretty amazing.

Grant carrying the baby backpack with no baby. Poor Monet was extremely tired from the night before, and then waking her up at 6am to go on a cold hike wasn't her cup of tea that day. She was exhausted. She didn't want to get near the backpack. So she was carried the whole way.

Grant, my mom and dad.
Riley and Monet on a cliff.

At one point Monet decided that was enough, so Grant and I turned around. My dad, mom, Riley and Chloe went on to do the whole thing.

Right as we started down she fells asleep in my arms... so I carried her like this the whole way down. It was about an hour and a half, hiking, bus riding, all the way back to the hotel. My arm was spasming. But I didn't want to disrupt her, so I took the pain. (!)

We had lots of pool time.



We ate out a lot. The last night Grant left to go play golf in Tahoe so I was solo. Monet was extra busy that night, so we let her bring the plastic fruit from the lobby into the restaurant, back and forth about a dozen times. Single parenting is not easy.

The last morning we went on a casual hike to this waterfall. I love Zions because there are endless things to see.
My mom and Monet.
Not a lot of great pictures from the trip, but it was lots of fun.

6 comments:

Carly said...

what a fun fourth! Chloe and monet look so cozy asleep in the car. When I get back we should have a pillow making party! Haha

Chelsea Anne said...

I want to do a Zion trip. Where did you guys stay?

whit said...

i have been wanting to go to zions for a long time and now i want to go even more. it looks like you all had so much fun!
fun to do something different for the 4.
isnt the forward facing car seat amazing! finn was a different kid when we did that.

Jennie said...

That looks like a fun trip. I've never been to Zion's and have always wanted to go. I relate about single parenting...next time the boys go to Tahoe we need to meet up and do something fun!

Brooke and Ben said...

You sound like me. We just did the Zions thing two weeks ago, and Brooklyn had enough of the backpack after just one hike. I carried her all the way as well, and I thought my arm would fall off.
That dang bus never seemed so far! :)
Cute pictures and as always...a darling family.

coco said...

i love the t-shirt you are wearing at zions! isn't it amazing what us moms will do for our sleeping babies? you're a good mom and monet is going to be one adventurous child!