Tuesday, September 16, 2008

9.16.08

I have a small dilemma...
This Saturday my parents are having a yard sale.
Since I gave everything away before we moved I only have one thing I could sell... clothes.
Here's the problem, I have a hard time getting rid of clothes.
I'm not afraid to get rid of a new couch, or a slightly used bike, or a kitchen table that's in perfect condition, but for some reason. I hate giving up my clothes.
The truth is, I always buy new at the beginning of the season.
And I rarely wear anything out.
Here is the catch. It's not uncommon for me to buy something, love it but not wear it, then one day, magically fall in love with it again and wear it constantly.
But I will admit I have a lot of clothes. And I like buying more clothes. And I don't need all of those clothes.
So here's the question... Is it worth selling all these clothes at yard sale prices? Or will the new freedom of clearing my closet be worth it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hayley i will solve your problem for you...its easy just give me all the clothes you don't want and i will take them off of your hands. You don't have to worry about the garage sale...remember the meaning of hand-me-downs :)

Annie said...

You truly are your mother's daughter!! I love cleaning out my closet and refreshing it with new things that oddly resemble what i just got rid of. I mean, I used to do that before I had kids to buy clothes for...freaking kids.

coco said...

we are soooo related. if you figure out the answer let me know.

Natalie said...

From previous experience...it is not worth the $ you'll get. I can be emotional about clothes...remembering when you bought them & for what purpose, not to mention how much they cost, then these cheap garage sale people come and they want to give you a $1 for it. So I guess what I'm trying to say is don't do it because you're expecting to make money...either give them to someone who will truly enjoy them or keep them for yourself.

Mary and Ryan said...

I agree with Natalie. The other thing you can do is sell them on ebay, you will end up getting alot more for things. It is just to depressing to have someone want to pay you a quarter for something that you loved.