Monday, March 1, 2010

3.01.10

Our Ski Day For Karl ...
I have skied every winter with my grandpa, starting when I was little, up until last year. His passion for skiing spread throughout our family, and in turn trickled down to many friends. It's a love we all share. Skiing for me is just a sense of freedom. It's challenging, it's rewarding, it's so much fun... and it's all because of my grandpa Karl. I feel extra grateful because it gave me about 20 years worth of long conversations up long lift rides with my grandpa. We talked about anything and everything, on sun shining days and also on blistering cold ones. I feel so lucky to have endless memories with him on the ski hill.
...
So in honor and memory of grandpa Karl we held

The First Annual Karlito Tucker Ski Fiesta!
(a bit of an inside joke about his love for all things Mexican)
...

The day was absolutely gorgeous. So sunny, so warm, so much fun. I said to myself at least a dozen times 'he would have loved this.'




Riley, Wyatt & Chloe.



Some of the family and friends.



My cousin Annie and aunt Jackie.




Chloe, Wyatt and Me.Wyatt.
Riley & my dad.

Hanging out over Bishops Bowl.
...
After we finished skiing at 4, everyone (including the non skiers) met at Sundance for the fiesta. We ate tacos, hung by the fire, wore sombreros!
Grant & my grandma Joanne.
Staying warm by the fire.
This is Monet and her second cousin Jack. I love this picture.
My mom, Chloe and Monet.
Nice hats huh?

Lindsay watched Monet all day. I think Lindsay is Monet's new love.

10 comments:

Annie said...

That picture of Monet and Jack is amazing! I had so much fun with all of you yesterday. Hank is dying to have Monet come over...please let me babysit!

for you, love me said...

Sounds like the start to an awesome tradition. Love all the pic's.

jenna said...

so fun!

Robyn Cox said...

It is definitely a tradition i want to be a part of...next year we will be there! Cute pictures!

Unknown said...

Hopefully this comment will post. I am not having much luck with other blogs...
Loved your memories of Karl. Being at Sundance with out him there, just about did me in at first, buy seeing all of you, doing just what he would want you to do, made me happy. Such a fun party and your pictures are great. I don't need to tell you to keep skiing with your family, as you know what that is all about. We have been so lucky.
Love you.
Old Senora Tucker!

sarah said...

That picture of Monet and Jack!! HIlarious!
Those two need to get together to play! Call me!!!!

megan said...

I love it. what a great way to honor your grandpa. Monet is darling she is growing like a weed.

whit said...

what a great idea! that looks so fun!

Chelsea Anne said...

I wish we could of come. Looks like a lot of fun.

Ben signed up for Leadville but didn't get in. Who's going in your family?

Jessica said...

That looks so fun! I love the Mexican theme. I love everything Mexican too and joke that I'm Mexican at heart! I think it has something to do with the Salsa!