Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1.17.11

Sort of thinking about Paris, and what I miss most.
I definitely miss the shopping, and the pastries that I could eat all day everyday. I miss the architecture, oh and the museums, I really, really miss the museums. I can just imagine Monet's little feet running through the Louvre. I can't wait to take her there. I really miss watching the people. I would see girls on the metro and wonder how they ever figured out how to put that outfit together. I miss the language and am sad that it's slipping away, but a little studying will cure that. Sometimes I miss the constant motion of the city. After four months it started to drive me nuts, but when I'm sitting in my quiet house, I can just imagine the commotion and the endless noises, people always going, easily finding something to do.


What I do not miss: the smell of the metro in the winter.
...
(images The Cherry Blossom Girl)

No comments: