Monday, March 14, 2011

3.14.11


Yesterday was our 2nd annual Ski day for my Grandpa Karl. Of course Karl made the sun shine extra bright, softened the snow up for us, even the guy working in the restaurant randomly gave us our lunch for free, which I'm sure Karl made happen from up above, since he got everything for free. So if you're wondering, yes it was the perfect day. Lets start the party with a dorky helmet photo of myself!


Riley & Gabe.
Me & Grant. Lunch on the deck. (Larry, Gabe, Wyatt's friend Bryant, Wyatt & Craig.)

The skiing gang.


At 2:00 we did a special run for Karl down his favorite, Bishops Bowl. He would always pick one of us out and say, "follow me" and so turn by turn we would plant our poles and make smooth perfect turns right behind him. So in memory of all the lessons he blessed us with, we made one long train, all turning the same turn. I was laughing thinking about what a kick he would have gotten watching all of us.

My mom.
After skiing, at 4:00, everyone came up for the Mexican Fiesta. Monet got to do a little ski run with Riley. We are all counting down the minutes for when she can be up on the hill with us (especially Riley!)


I guess I was too tired because I didn't get any pictures of the party. So, you'll have to take my word for it,- it was so much fun, and such great weather, and the food was delicious.
Love you Grandpa. Miss you everyday.

2 comments:

Robyn Cox said...

One of these years we will make it. Maybe when all of our kids are independent skiers! It looks like so much fun to ski with all the family. Karl would be so happy!

Chelsea Anne said...

Fun:) Great tradition.