Tuesday, February 10, 2009

2.10.09


Quite awhile ago I read an article about a woman and her estate organizing strategy. She had one large binder filled with every detail about her home. She inserted a calender of the year reminding her what months the silver needed to be polished and when to have the drapes dry cleaned...I decided this might be a little much for my house hold, but I really liked the idea. So I started a binder full of all the subcontractors we used, lists of names if something goes wrong (for example when the bathroom flooded it was easy to find who installed the toilets and where we purchased them). It makes it easy to store and find manuals and warranties. I even have a section with paint colors I used and paint colors I would someday like to use. I think I'll add a calendar for things like, clean windows, change air filters, replace vacuum bag, etc... I like to have things together and minimal and this is an easy way to keep track of a lot of random paperwork.

...

3 comments:

coco said...

that makes my brain hurt! please come tackle my house....

Lindsey said...

I have thought about this for awhile and decided that I need you. Please come help me.
1. with my house
2. will you be my personal shopper? you know, like the celebs have. i just want you to find me cute clothes :)

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

what is your email address, I have something for you