Monday, November 10, 2008

11.10.08

Christmas Tree Permits:
...
Friday morning, Christmas tree permits went on sale at Soldier Hollow. At 5:00am Grant and I went up to wait in line in the dark. They did it differently this year so we had some time to spare, so we drove up the canyon and found a little place to hang out.
We drank hot chocolate on the back of Grant's truck.
Then we hiked around a little.
We watched the sun come up.
We ate breakfast at Chicks Cafe.
...
Then we got our tree permits.
...
And Grant even let me listen to Christmas music the entire time.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

FUN! Sounds dreamy.

Annie said...

Your baby will be so excited about your tree!! I love traditions, my little family needs some.

Anonymous said...

How fun! I hope griffin and i get our own tree this year! Can we still buy a permit?

whit said...

I wish I looked as cute as you @ 5 in the morning!! By the way I have been thinking about what I think you are having and I can't decide, this is a tough one. And cute cute baby stuff!!!

Ellery said...

Ohh I LOVE it!! That sounds like the most wonderful cozy morning! So beautiful and then to get to finish it off with Chicks...perfect.
Me dragging my fake Christmas tree up from the basement wont come close to that.

jenna said...

5 am would have been impossible for me pretty much any time before 20 weeks so i'm impressed! looks like fun! i'm ready to see the baby bump.

Carli said...

How Fun! I need to get my hubby back into doing this. We did it before we had kids but it got harder each year to take them.

Natalie said...

Sounds like an absolute blast. Love your hot cocoa thermos...this really stylish gal gave me one like that & I love it. Guess I just need to wait until the beach is really cold to use it :)