Thursday, October 30, 2008

10.30.08


So this week I came to a conclusion, that deep down I already knew but hadn't fully accepted... and that is - Chloe is no longer a kid. She has crossed over into teenager at a rapid rate.
...
Last week she was bored so she called me to see what Grant and I were doing. Me, trying to be in the Halloween spirit suggested we go to The Nightmare Before Christmas 3D... even though we've seen it a million times... I thought she'd be into it. So we go to the theater (Grant even willing came along) got some popcorn, sat down... we were the only three. For some reason I had these visions of her back when she was little, being excited and scared... in reality she was texting her friends the whole time... I had to keep getting mad at her to put it away... about an hour into she looks at me... 3D glasses and all, and says, "can we go?" I look at Grant, he laughs, I laugh, we all walk out. I then said to myself, "it's over with her."
It's funny how you can trick yourself into thinking kids will be kids forever.
...
I'm glad we're on our way to having one of our own.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

that story cracks me up hay...i can just imagine it. you're going to be such a fun mom. how long until you know what you are having? are you going to find out? can't wait.

i just thought of something. remember when we were freshmen and we went trick or treating and we felt so stupid? i think we decided that was our last year.

Annie said...

You and Sarah will always be kids. I can see you ordering chicken fingers and fries when you're 80!

Chelsea Anne said...

I like how Chole has been your pseudo blog kid. I can't wait to see the real tiny Rowan.